vvv Features are down below vvv
First off, Happy New Year everyone! So much change happened in my life during 2013 that it was hard to settle into the point where I now am. I have high hopes for 2014 and the coming years and will be working on figuring out just what it is that I want to do for the next thirty years hah.
Here are a couple of brief highlights from 2013 that I want to make sure to remember, since they were pretty big milestones for me:
- Graduated with my BS in Chemical Engineering
- Earned my First Degree Black Belt in tae kwon do
- Got my first professional job, before the dreaded "six months" was up
- Received my first major awards for cosplay
- Bought my own car (it's a TARDIS blue Prius ^^,)
As far as 2014 is concerned, I usually don't make resolutions since I never stick to them. But I do have some more milestones that I would like to hit this year:
- Move out of my parents' house and get an apartment
- Find a job that I actually enjoy and that actually relates to the things I studied at Uni. (Currently, I'm doing a lot of Controls and sitting around, which is not why I wanted to be a ChemE..)
- Move out of Toledo
- Move up to the Master/Expert division in cosplay
- Get involved and actually make some actual friends
- Art more
- Be able to run a 5K
- Write and read more. I lost a lot of my skill as a writer due to limited free time from the stresses of senior year. Now I just sleep a lot and dick around on Tumblr...
- Dick around on Tumblr less
This year, I've got a lot of awesome cosplays and conventions in my lineup, a bunch of concerts to go to, traveling to do, and GISH-ing to prepare for. I hope all of you are in for a good year as well!
I'm going to copy everyone else in the world... Ask me questions, whether life-, art-, or cosplay-related and I'll pick three of my favorites from your gallery ^^, No need to feature me back or anything. I just want you to be nosy and let me be nosy at you! Ready go!
1. ARE YOU EXCITED FOR PANIC! ????? 8D
There are no words Thanks for being my concert buddy!
Loved seeing your art improve over the year. ^^, Can't wait to see what you put together for your portfolio now that you have a tablet again~
2. What has been the most challenging costume for you thus far? What do you generally hate doing in the costume making process? XD
Both excellent questions ma'am xD
- Mami still holds the top spot for most challenging mostly due to the corset, having to learn how to do boot covers, and the new techniques that I had to teach myself. Probably Leafa will overtake her simply because of how elaborate I'm going to be making her lol
- The part of the process that I dislike the most is probably getting everything cut out. I have a rotary cutter now, thank God, so that makes things a little quicker, but it typically takes me a long time.
ALSO GOD DAMN SEAM RIPPING.
I've loved seeing your work progress dear ^^, Also very excited to see how Homura comes together with the changes you're making~